Old 09-06-08, 02:12 PM
John1992

Bikes: Surly Cross Check

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi,
I am also looking to move from platform to clipless and have been asking questions on BF. The main (really only) reason I am looking to make the move is safty. I could be all wrong with the safty angle - let me know any thoughts you folks might have, but I have had a foot slip off the pedal a few times when I have been standing up and luckly have not crashed. I am a big guy 290 ish and like to stand on the pedals to get speed, hills etc. I also like to lean forward on the bike when standing and I just feel a little too much like I am going to slip off all the time.

I have good quality large platforms with a bunch a studs so I dont think it is the pedal. I also experiance an odd thing when I am in the 20's and shifting fast I get a bit of a pop (sorry I am having a hard time putting the feeling into words) that bounces my feet off the pedals.

My last comment would be that I have been riding 4 -5 times a week around 30 - 35 miles a shot for 3 years and each time I up grade anything, clothing, bike, bike parts etc - I have wondered why I did not do it a long time ago. I first did not think I needed to spend the money becuase I did not race, then I moved into the upgrades but at the mid price point thinking that was a nice average step, now all I want is to go straight to the high end when possible. I probably would have saved money by just getting high quality items from the start. As it is now I have a large collection of used stuff that I have upgraded past.