View Single Post
Old 09-06-08, 02:22 PM
climbhoser

Bikes: SS Surly Crosscheck; '91 Cannondale 3.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's a M Scattante...roughly translates to a 54, but it's one of the few compact 'cross frames out there (never bugged me for carries, but it does some). It has about a 55cm top tube.

I think it would sell well, as it's pretty well equipped for a second 'cross bike or a recreational 'cross bike or an amateur do-it-all 'cross bike.

It has Thomson stem and post, Ritchey Biomax bars, Cane Creek Drop Vs, forte v-brakes with Kool stops, bar end shifters, Tiagra front mech, XTR 8-speed rear mech, 12-32 cassette, 48x34 compact double 170 crankset (sq. taper) and Mavic MA3 rims laced to 105 hubs.

Cool frame, too...carbon fork, integrated headset, even has eyelets and rear braze-ons if you want it to scoot to work or class or whatever. I just don't know where to post something like that for sale. Don't really NEED it to move, but I don't need it in my garage, either, as I already have 4 other bikes.

I just built it up this spring, rode it some to work (prefer my Cross Check for that), did some light-duty trail stuff and buffing up for 'cross season, but the kiddo and my wife's work schedule will prevent my racin' dreams this year.

So, I'd rather have a Shimano dynohub wheel and a new rear wheel, and a carbon fork for the roadie than this 'cross bike.

CL has seen no hits.

Thanks guys for the help.