View Single Post
Old 09-06-08, 07:11 PM
goaly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
THIS… Is what I wanted!

Howdy all! Well it’s only been one month. I had bought 2 Raleigh hybrids to try to shed a few pounds. I normally ride alone and try to just do at least 5 miles a night… It seems to be working. I started at 295 and at one point last week the scale touched 280. HOWEVER, that was before the local coondog trials… when a couple of Canadian friends spent the weekend, and I drank more beer in one day than I should in a month, then there was the chicken wings and pork rinds… But I digress…

Today, I got exactly what I wanted out of riding a bike. I took my lovely wife along for a bike ride. We put the bikes in the bed of the truck and drove to a nearby abandoned railroad line that has been turned into a bike path. In just one hour we had a little over 10 miles. An easy pace, but we talked the entire time… More than we had in quite awhile. We put the bikes back in the truck, drove home and I put some skinless chicken on the grill. And again we talked… Then we sat on the backyard swing and talked some more…

If we can do this once a week, every penny that I spent on the two bikes will have been worth it.

I won’t set any speed or distance records, but I sure am enjoying this.