Old 11-20-04, 08:06 AM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mars
it helps to get the perspective from the other side. There are human beings in those cars, and they are not trying to do anything wrong or hurt anybody, for the most part. I'm so sorry that this accident happened to you. You seem like a good person and something like this could happen to anyone... good luck.
A couple thoughts....

I believe illuminated head and tail lights are essential when riding at or near dawn or dusk. Never assume that that just because there is enough light to see the road that you can be seen.

The "other side of the story" (which is seldom available) is something we always need to be mindful of. I have and will continue to stress the need to gather all available facts before drawing conclusions or forming opinions regarding accidents (or anything else) as reported in the media.

Motorists and cyclists must both take prudent actions to prevent collisions and, even when then do, sometimes accidents still happen. The best we can hope for is law enforcement officers who are properly trained to be mindful and attentive to cyclists rights at the accident scene so that unbiased and factual evidence can be collected to ascertain what really happened, why, and assign fault per the law. Moreover, that the district attorney/solicitor/prosecutors office will follow through when appropriate. Only then is justice served.

Last edited by livngood; 11-20-04 at 05:05 PM.