View Single Post
Old 09-08-08, 07:36 AM
leob1

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by hy_tek
I know the feeling. Until recently my best was about 24 miles. The other day my wife and I did 36miles and then 34 miles yesterday and it was such a feeling of accomplishment. And I don't even have a high end road bike just an old Giant Hybrid Nutra. Today I put new narrower "road type" tires on our bikes. I hope to crash the 36 mile barrier and beyond some day with the lower rolling resistance of the non-hybrid tires. My only problem is at 56 years young my knees seems to bother me lately. I can only hope I can continue riding the long distances.
Two things to check, the seat height and the seat position fore and aft. If you decided to move the seat do it in small increments. If you move the seat up (which you probably need to do) move it no more than 5mm at a time. If you move it forw or aft, just move it 1mm or 2mm at a time. These may seem like small amounts, but they can make a big difference.

OP - Isn't it a great feeling when you are having such a good time that you want to ride more, and you can.