Old 09-10-08, 03:47 PM
knucklesandwich

Bikes: Kona Jake (2006)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dguest
I am going to have a simular dilema. We just ordered ne Specialized Crosstrail elites, so we could ride in the local Cycle for Life charity ride with our employers cycling team. We plan on doing the 65 mile ride. We ordered these bike as 2009 models and have just found out that they will not be in the LBS until the day before the ride. We currently ride Big Box Schwinns so we are wanting to ride the new bikes this longer distance. but it looks like we will be attempting this distance on bikes that we have not even sat on prior to the ride.
Not to be blunt, but that sounds like a kinda bad idea. If you are able to train for this charity ride on yoru current bikes, why can't you ride tem for one more day, THEN take the time to get used to your new ones?
Or, hit a few bike shops this weekend and see if you can't find something similar to the bikes your ordered but are available now?

I've ridden my newest bike (my 2nd "quality" bike) over 700 miles and I only just now feel like I'm getting the fit dialed in.