Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by valygrl
I've looked at craigslist for touring buddies in the past (unsuccessfully) you could post a note there.

It's not easy to find touring buddies. even harder to find ones you get along with, ride about the same pace as, and can get the same time off.

I feel your pain.
As I said before, I highly recommend checking into your local cycletouring club. I ride with both the Edmonton Bicycle Club and the Elbow Valley Cycle Club (out of Calgary). The club members generally consist of a mix of couples, single men (generally a little older), and single women (lots of them!).

If you go out on some weekend rides with the club you can get to know the people a bit. Then most of these clubs have an organized weekend ride. Around here it's the Golden Triangle (3 day tour) or Logan Pass (another 3 day tour). I enjoy these rides because I can go at my own pace, they are well supported, and decently priced. And then most of these clubs also have longer tours, anywhere from about 1-3 weeks. If you've got the time, you could join up with one of those. The clubs here go to California, Vancouver Island, and all over the place.

Plus some individual members, or smaller groups, head off to Europe or wherever on their own, and then come back and report their adventures to the club.

To the OP: If you can hook up with a club like this, you might be able to take part in their shorter events, which would meet your desire to do 3 day tours. And through that, you might make friends with some of the ladies and could then do your own tours. That seems to me to be a safer option than just advertizing for some strangers to ride with.