Old 09-11-08, 06:54 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ochizon
I just went out for a ride, and after a half an hour had to pack it in. I was tired the whole way, got a stomach cramp, and just felt out of it in general. This is the first time this happens to me on the bike. I figure this kind of thing happens, as it used to when weight lifting, jogging, etc. Its just weird to get home, psyched to go out for a ride, and fall flat on your face and disappointed at the briefness of the ride.
Of course then there are those days, where you don't want to go, force yourself out there, and have a wonderful ride.....

Problem I have is, that I tend to lose momentum this time of year, the days are getting shorter, the temps are getting cooler, you get more days where wind or rain make it miserable. Right now they are forecasting rain for the next five out of seven days I also have no hope in Hades of getting anywhere near my goal for the year, last year I finished the year with 2057km, I set a goal of 2500km, right now I am at 1137, we set records for the wettest, June, July and August, the prime riding season..... I do want to get a trainer, so that I can get an early start to next year, and salvage a poor season if it does that again.... Also there was only one weekend since last November it didn't precipitate in some form.