Old 09-12-08, 03:54 PM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
If you think you're in shape ... try this!

1. Warm up with about 10 minutes of short sprints. You can do this back and forth in your driveway if it is long enough (about 20-30 metres), or around the block, sprinting, then using your legs to stop, then sprinting again, etc.

2. Hop for the next 45 minutes or so. You can do this in your driveway or in your basement or in the backyard, or wherever. Hop on one foot, hop on the other foot, hop on both feet. Try the triple jump hop (standing on your left foot, hop forward landing on your left foot, then hop forward landing on your right foot, then hop forward, landing on both feet, then hop forward one more time as far as you can go landing on both feet). Try your own hopping pattern to cross the backyard or basement. Try the same pattern again. Try a different pattern. Add in a little bit of skipping or more sprints here and there if you feel like you just don't have another hop in you, but return to hopping as soon as you can. Keep this up for about 45 minutes.

3. Stretch for about 5 minutes, and you're finished the workout.

--------

That's pretty much what I did in my physical education class yesterday. The class is about teaching us to be able to teach physical education, and the instructor ran us through our paces yesterday.

I thought I was in good shape! I cycle a lot and I walk a lot. But this morning ... and all day, actually, I've barely been able to move!!! I woke up muscles in my legs I didn't know where there, and also used muscles in my back and shoulders I haven't used in a while ... I'm guessing that was when I was trying to hop really long distances and swung my arms to help with the motion.

I've either got to figure out how to add hopping to my routine ... or make a point of hitting the gym this winter!!