View Single Post
Old 11-22-04, 06:50 PM
Dang

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ouch!!

Okay, I must admit that in the 35+ yrs Ive been riding a bike I have not been serious about it as I am now. I use to enjoy riding a bike and smokin a cigarette at the same time. To me riding was just a cheap way to get from point A to point B. Now that I gave up smolking again I find with the extra wind and both hands securely on the bars I can go a hell of a lot faster then I thought possible for me.
Anyway I decided to hit the hills as suggested in an artical I read where you shift to the 53T-Smallest cogT and climb the hills. Yea! I did 5 hills this way and still survived. So on my way home I ride nice and easy and I have to get off the bike to get it over some junk on the ground a construction crew forgot about. The second I placed my left foot on the ground after dismounting the bike the most horrible cramp attacks my left calf! OUCH OUCH OUCH! I cant move it!
Here I am standing next to and holding up my Trek on top of this trash heap with my left leg raised off the ground. And all I could do was just stand threre.
I tried to lower my foot but the cramp got pissed at me and started chewing up my leg. So while holding up the bike still I try to massage my leg. I can feel the muscle shake under my hand. I can't touch it. Hurts too bad. People drive by and wonder whats this ass-hole cyclist doing standing next to his bike with one leg off the ground.
Finally after a few minutes I was able to kneel down and stretch the muscle and then continual my adventure back home.
What am I suppose to do next time this happens?