card
Happy Rider

Bikes: Gold Rush, Moots compact, Bike Friday Pocket Crusoe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jskovran
Several years a go while living in Germany I bought a Gios all steel road bike. The local bike shop came highly reccomended, and language difficluties not withsanding, I thought I had a pretty good fit . The owner had me sit/pedal on several frames, varing seat & stem position, and then fit me with a 58cm (I'm 6'0" tall - normal leg/torso proportions). I test rode it, and all was well for the short rides (15 mile) dailt rides that were typcial diring my stay.

Since returning to the sates I've been taking longer rides (three 40-50 mile jaunts/week, rolling terrain, 18 -19 mph average), and noticed that near the end of the rides my shoulders (and at time lower back) get quite sore. I 'm in good shape with decent core strength.

I'm wondering whether I have a fit problem (now just emerging), or just and age problem (53 and coounting....). Befre I head to a LBS for a "re-fit" consult I throught I'd post on this forum to see what I might learn from others who might have had the same problem.....

THX,
buy a recumbent and solve all the problems you described.