Wheres my snuggie?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
S.F. Twilight Crit, Mosh Pit, and some thoughts OT

mosh pit
–noun
Slang. an area usually in front of a stage where people mosh at rock concerts.

After a long day or (two days) of riding, I somehow was able to get myself over to the SF Crit in Cow Hollow. It was an incredibly exciting experience! I only wish they would set aside at least 1 day a month for this kind of event.

I want to expound a bit here…

I had the strangest feeling when I left though… The whole experience left me feeling invigorated and maybe for a better word renewed. I would have to say after dealing with a family tragedy and some completely different experiences through the last couple of days in my “Biking Adventures Portfolio”. (Thanks to Constant Rider along with his buddy Jim. I had an awsome experience on Tam and thanks for getting me out there/ also BottleRocket who pulled me out of my doldrums). I have to use that word again “Transcendence”. I think after experiencing a tragic event, in many cases the pain and sadness can transform into a gentle shove from behind by the Universe to come to some understanding of ones own “Being” or “Meaning of Life’. (This may be a bit heavy but I need to vent.) We’ve all been through it…Some of us way to much!

I felt the onset of darkness settling in on me again (what I fear most), after my early morning wake up call from my brother, a kind of suffocating helpless feeling jabbed it’s claws into me…

12 hrs. later
I was tired but comfortable on my “Taxi bike” now that I had my Venti Mocha and chocolate chip cookie! As I’m riding down Green street sipping coffee no handed on my yellow pride and joy and adorned in my NorCal “Gangwear”, I hear the cowbells and people’s excited conversation going - to and fro’. I’ve entered my world. The loud speaker booms with the voice of an overly excited announcer… I move further into my world.

No! My phone rings! I’m falling back out of my world… “Pete!” the familiar voice on the other end… “It’s Keith! Dude I’m so sorry!” and he goes on. It is a friend I haven’t talked to in many years, a part of that shell I left a long, long time ago…worlds away. We walk through the tragedy together and I feel better… “Pete – Man! You sound like you’re nineteen years old or something! Whad a ya been doin? I think in my mind… I’ve been carried through the “Mosh Pit” by my friends…my soul mates, who have carried me out of my misery, out of the hands of despair and loneliness. I’ve had a year or more of close attentive therapy by people I know and love and maybe have no idea of a life/soul they’ve inadvertently saved … (If only they knew how much they mean to me).

…I think some more … and I want to jump through the phone and shake him! … “Dude! If only you could be here…You wouldn’t sound 90! I’ve stumbled upon the fountain of youth… I am “Ponce de Leon”. The answer is all around you, you have to open your heart and go “soul to soul” I’m in the “Mosh pit!”

I love this new world I’ve found. I had something similar thirty years ago, when I was a full time rocker and it was all about the guitar. I felt the same way, but without the dark trappings that came with it. Somehow it’s different but the same. It’s only the vehicle that has changed…Now it’s on another level, like concentric circles, I’ve broken through closer to the center…or being centered with each ring I transcend.

It’s coming up on October 3rd. One year since my world turned upside down. (Now my Brother’s world has turned upside down) I’m recollecting a lot as this marker in time grows near…I had no intention of saying all this today, I slightly derailed myself (oops!)…So let me go back to where I diverted my train of thought and get on with it.

I’m sure all of you know by this time where I’m coming from and you know on occasion I go way, way out there ... (I’m sure you’re getting used to it …I really appreciate it, so beyond what you would will ever know…and you’re getting me through a very tough time right now…Thanks for lifting me up in the “Mosh Pit” and delivering me safely! ……….
Inspired by the passing of my wonderful nephew -Hugh Ferguson-

……………………………………………………………………………..
Back to earth:

I tried to find “Pizza Man” (Chris) to wish him well, but I kept missing him. “Oh! He was just here! I think he’s over there? ...” I don’t know how many times I heard that. I’m pretty sure I spotted him a couple of times going a thousand miles an hour past me. I think I might have some how captured a picture of him…but he’ll have to check it out and let me know.

I met tons of people including “John” Dave and Lisa’s friend from Team Alameda. He had his Dad’s old bike fixie…

Wow! I ran into another BF member but can’t remember his name cause I’m such a turd! A couple of Roaring Mouse aficionado’s, Ladies who had been in the bar, and were hugging the hell out of me! I loved that! I even ran into three guys from the Mt. Tam ride today! They were a hoot. Somehow they ended up with the beautiful podium girl! OMG! And they weren’t good looking? ... I’m telling you Bikes are the new Electric Guitar! ROCK ON!!!

My Taxi bike got to meet the London bike and fell completely in love…

Well Chris didn’t win, but it was a huge field of world class athletes. The women’s race was awesome…I couldn’t believe the speeds. It was really exciting!
So here are some picts and I’ll shut up now.
Pete

Last edited by taxi777; 09-15-08 at 08:53 AM. Reason: change