View Single Post
Old 11-23-04, 08:03 PM
Patch29

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I just bought these gloves that the police use directing traffic. They are spandex and super thin. I wear them over all my other gloves. A winter glove with insulation might pack down, but I think they are worth the effort.
They are great for signaling. It is dark and raining here, I just rode in front of my friend in his truck and he said they looked great.

I also picked up this vest today for $8.00. It is ok for the the price. I tried it on the road and my friend said it was ok, better from the front. The problem is it is not long enough to really go down your back when bent over, but it still works. That is one very nice feature about the nathan's vest. The one I have is also very lightweight mesh, so it will not get hot in warmer temps.

I really would like to get this vest. It is made to much higher standards with scotchlite reflective material, which works great. They are out of stock at the moment and I am not sure if it will be too short in the back, but it sure would be hard to miss.

Someone had posted this website in another thread. They sell 3M Silver Retro-reflective Fabric Tape by the roll to sew on. I cannot tell if it is scotchlite or not, but it looks like it. I might just get a roll and add a horizontal strip to the cheap vest I have. I could always hang one down the back too and see if it work.

I really like the gloves, hand signaling in the dark always seemed pointless since most gloves have very little reflective material, with these there should be no question, plus I think it puts motorists on high alert. They are not used to seeing it and they pay attention (hopefully) a bit more than normal.

Galls.com also has a lot of other vests and scotchlite adhesive reflective material in an assortment of colors, sizes and lengths. My next project will probably be adding some to my helmet.