Old 09-17-08, 02:10 PM
molarface
Junior WHAT?!?!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Clarifications

robtown - I paid $800-I felt I couldn't walk away from that.

BluesDawg - sounds like a plan. My LBS has made wheels twice in the past for me, but I just took their word for what I needed, not feeling that I knew enough to specify.

Hask, leob1, and stapfam - I actually have been all over people on another forum for abusing brick and mortar stores. I never would go out of my way to do that to a guy working on commission or trying to make a living- I've been there both ways. In the past 15 years or so - from this shop-I have bought 6 new bikes, had 2 rebuilt and bought a slew of accessories/supplies from the same shop. They said they had no hard feelings when I had them look at the bike. Then they sold me a pair of SIDIs. Bibs are next- from the LBS. Jerseys are another matter- I've been thinkin' 'bout one of those 50+ jobs.

Allegheny Jet - I don't mind being Fred- when I was younger I did, now I just laugh. I have noticed a wonderful sense of reality and a healthy dose of self deprecating humor on the 50+ forum and I feel "at home". Been clipless years ago, I'm not afraid of being stuck in them- going commando is another story, I am afraid of falling out of them.

Don