View Single Post
Old 09-17-08, 10:03 PM
Louis

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stapfam
We seem to have had a diabolical summer this year but as the evenings draw in and the weather starts to take a bit of a turn to cooler and damper- I have to start thinking about preparing the bikes for winter riding. Mountain bike is set up except for a couple of items. I will have to have the spare set of wheels set up with the Mud tyres- and the worn out Fire XC's will have to be looked at to see if there is enough tread on them. Bottom bracket will be checked out for any looseness and the chain and sprockets checked for wear. Other than that- not much to do to it.

Now the road bike is a bit different. I will still be using the Michelin PR2's but the wheels will be swopped over to an old set. Don't feel like wearing out good wheels with all the grit and muck with the brakes grinding the rims to bits. Bit of waterproofing will go on the cables and I will check that the cables are stainless steel. I know that on Boreas- I have to change the Outer ring shortly so I will be buying one now for when it does get just a bit too far gone.

Other than that- It will be down to the clothing. Means that I will have to tidy the bike shed in order to find the waterproof gloves- but all the rest of the clothing is in the Cupboard in the garge. Hopefully kept dry but It will have to be washed.

All I have to do is arrange for the loan of DG's bike butler and I will be set for the best season of the year for riding.
I believe Houseboy is available.