Old 09-18-08, 02:36 PM
schnee

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard8655
There is no absolute wisdom and no opinion is right or wrong or written in stone. Everyone has their experiences and bases their opinions on that.

Steel is heavy and rusts. The latest materials are lightweight, strong, and maintenance-free. Why stick with the same stuff Schwinn was using 50 years ago? What "blast" does steel give other than its weight?

I've had steel bikes and they never made the impression or provided the enjoyment as my recent aluminum frames. Will never will look back at steel again.
First, you're being mentally lazy. Yes, opinions can be right or wrong, mainly when they're absolutist. However, 'relative' truth doesn't give you a pass just to say any old damnfool thing and expect everyone to treat it with the same amount of respect as something with evidence and thought. People with limited experience with strong opinions should be told the error of their ways, and if they're smart at all, they'll listen.

The fact that you're using meaningless aphorisms like 'left the Iron age' and 'represent the future' says a lot. I give that about as much credence when Grant Peterson waxes philosophical about 'tradition', i.e. less than none.