View Single Post
Old 11-24-04, 10:47 PM
Mr. Jim
Bike Nerd

Bikes: mid 80's Fuji Supreme (commuter), LeRun unicycle thingy Raleigh Centrurion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by leilin
Am I got cheated on cycling clothes?

I have bought a cycling jacket from Oshman, It claims windproof, water-resistance and let out perspiration. I used it tonight, the temperature was 50F, my average speed was 15 mph and the duration was one hour. After I got home, I found out that there were a lot of water drops on the inside surface of the jacket. For the claiming of the letting out perspiration, there are no words on that, but a picture depict that the perspiration goes out from the jacket.

My question, was I a fool to believe that this cycling jacket can be good for the perspiration out? BTW, brand is CANARI, It was made in Taiwan, the name of fabric is Biovent, It is 100% Polyster.

Thanks.

Lei Lin
Lei Lin, CANARI is a well known and thought of cycling clothing manufacturer. One thing to know about waterproof breathable clothing, it can be overwhelmed fairly easily. I would say that 50F is too warm for this jacket, most people would be comfortable with a long sleeve jersey at that temp. especially for an hours ride. In lower tempratures I think you will find that the jacket will perform well. I own various pieces of goretex and other "waterproof, breathable" equipment and attire, all of it will condensate on the inside if A:the outside temprature causes me to perspire faster than the membrane can pass the moisture, or B:If the outside atmosphere is wetter than the inside of the jacket it will not work well either. for example most goretex items to not expell condensation well in a rainstorm.