Thread: Hey from Boston
View Single Post
Old 09-18-08, 07:30 PM
duffetta 

Bikes: 2021 Giant Revolt Advanced Pro 1, 2019 AllCity Macho Man commuter, 2015 Fuji Gran Fondo Shimano 105

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey from Boston

Hi,

My name is Mark Duffield. I live just outside of Boston (walking distance to Fenway). I have been riding bicycles since I was little. In high school, I spent every spare moment on a bike. Once I graduated from college and real life began, the bike took a back seat.

That is, until I changed jobs this past spring. Now, instead of a 30 mile round trip by car to the 'burbs, I now ride 5 miles each to and from my office in Cambridge. I ride an '06 Fuji Cross Pro fitted with a rack, full fenders, and touring tires (Vittoria Randonneurs). I love commuting by bicycle. I ride about 90% of the time, and hope to ride the majority of the time through the winter. Aluminum frame on Boston/Brookline/Cambridge roads isn't ideal, but I haven't had to have any of my fillings replaced yet.

I still have that bike from high school. It is an 1981 Raleigh Grand Sport that has been upgraded to a 12 speed. Still has a Rhode Gear FlickStand (I wish someone would come out with a flickstand-like product today. It would sell like hot cakes). The bike is in great shape. Nothing like vintage steel!

Thanks,

Mark