Old 09-22-08, 09:27 AM
manofsteel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The man who sold me the Lenton placed the ad in one of those printed 'Want Ads' magazines which I found in a convenient store in the Boston Suburbs. He doesn't own a computer and has never even used the internet, so he's not aware of the internet market, auctions, etc. I don't know anything about the monetary value of a bike this rare in this condition, but can't help but wonder what it might potentially be worth. Is the $250 I paid the high end price? I have a feeling I got lucky because nobody really looks in those printed classifieds for bikes anymore.(The ad was placed for over 6 months and I was the only serious caller - plus he advertised a 1970 NOS Raleigh Sports for $125!! On craigslist or ebay forget it.) I've never seen Lentons on ebay, even hard to find them anywhere online, so I have nothing comparable. I guess, out of curiousity, I'm looking for an Antique Road Show kind of estimate(as bad as that sounds)or what similar bikes at higher end auctions estimate/bring. Anyone dare to answer?

That said, I'm extremely happy with the bike for what I paid - happy riding it and learning more about it - I'd just like a well rounded perspective on the value.

Specter

Last edited by manofsteel; 09-22-08 at 09:52 AM.