View Single Post
Old 11-26-04, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
In need of cheap folder bike

Aaaaaaauuuugh!

My brother, whom I love to death, does not ride bikes. However, he wants to ride my custom made, Bike Friday Pocket Rocket to the D.C. area to work every day, since I'm leaving my bike with him while I'm in Chicago. The thought of him riding my bike gives me the chills and makes me feel a bit faint, but the fact that he wants to ride makes me think I should help him. I've given him permission to ride my bike every day with a page long list of conditions, but a folding bike will be his Christmas gift. I know him, though. I'm not going to invest in a Pocket Rocket for him, but I thought a nice, cheap bike he can throw around would work for him. Something that's easy to fold. Did I mention it has to be cheap, by the way? He would need something with easy gearing, since he hasn't ridden a bike in so long, I don't think he understood what I was talking about when I tried to explain gear ratios and which gears he can ride and how to shift. I've never seen him ride a bike before. He's in his late 20's. I'm scared.

Did I mention this bike needs to be cheap?

Help all. I'm going to have a nervous breakdown if I hear he left it out in the cold, didn't secure it and it got robbed, shifted crazy and broke the drivetrain, rode it in the rain and left it out to rust, etc.

Help!

Koffee