Old 11-26-04, 08:45 PM
Karldar
SNIKT!

Bikes: '06 Kona Dawg Deluxe/'06 Cannondale F400(frame)/'98 Cannondale SuperV1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnbiker66
The trails in DuPont St. For. are all multi user. The horses tear up trails really bad after rains. I wish some folks would use more common sense and let the singletrack dry before they ride it( bikes & horses). The problems in this area come from hikers that think no one belongs on the trail but hikers and their unleashed dogs.They love to dish out dirty looks and attitude.This really sucks, I live 5 min. away and have to deal with it on a regular basis. Anyone have any ideas on how to deal with butthead hikers?
I haven't actually had to deal with hikers since I left Europe, but they seemed to be much more tolerant of bikers over there than here in the States. Prolly the only non-violent thing you can do is try your hardest to ignore the "barstards".

As far as letting the trail dry, there are spots on the trails I ride that just don't dry up. I guess cuz they're in the constant shadow of the trees. Any ideas how to circumvent those areas without ticking the equestrians off, Boyce? I try to ride around(as do the horse riders), but that just widens the trail.