View Single Post
Old 09-23-08, 01:51 AM
NutzCrazy

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Look Carbon, Scale 50, Murray Meteor Flyer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not much snow here in general, mostly black ice. Roads are generally clear. This'll be my third winter here, and I'm looking forward to it. I just hope it snows and stays snowy! Clothing should be the same as the stuff you wear for xcountry skiing. In other words, not too much, just keep moving.

There won't be too much wind where I will be biking since it will mostly be in the forested areas. I'll be taking Nynäsleden from Ösmo to Centralen, then up to Karolinska. Should prove to be interesting.

First complete test ride with GPS and clothing will be this weekend. I can still do it on regular tires, but the light is starting to get a bit scarce. It's dark at 6am now, but it should be dark at 7 am next monday.

I ordered my bike light: an Olight M20 tactical with orange peel reflector. It's a 18650 setup and allows a 3.5 hr run time with 250 lumens, 250 meter throw, and spill that makes "LEOs" fear for their lives in close quarter combat since it illuminates the Johnny Law Enforcement Occifer. The perfect thing for a cyclist. And it has multimode with memory all at <50% the cost of a bike centric light. This should be good for when I take my hunting license exam and strap it to my shotgun so I can git me some moose. But holy crap, does it get dark dark dark here... You should see all the lights on my car! And all the sensor lights around the house!