Old 09-23-08, 05:32 AM
Nota

Bikes: a celeste green one; 5.5 Madone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by piper_chuck
I am very glad I did this ride. It was the hardest I've done to date, but I proved to myself that even though I'm slow, I could do it.
Great job and great pics, Chuck!

You have the right attitude, so I have every confidence that you can do ANY ride you choose, as long as your heart is in it, and you make it your goal. You might want to check around and see if you can find a nice local ride to do - like a metric century; maybe even this fall. If not, there'll be plenty of rides come next spring to choose from.

For my first "real" ride (anything over 10 miles), since I took up biking in April of this year, I chose a 70 mile trek out of Wilkesboro back in June, called the "RAW" ride (Ride Around Wilkes...which is sponsored by the BMCC cylce club that I joined). I know I was probably one of the last participants to finish the ride, but I did it. I felt like I'd accompolished something that day, and proved to myself I could tackle any ride, as long as I set mind to it.

Good luck, good riding, and I hope to see you one day - doing a beautiful century ride on a gorgeous day.

Cheers