View Single Post
Old 09-24-08, 11:22 AM
invisiblehand
Part-time epistemologist

Bikes: Jamis Nova, Bike Friday triplet, Bike Friday NWT, STRIDA, Austro Daimler Vent Noir, Hollands Tourer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Smith
Folders ARE a compromise to serve a unique purpose, and you're kidding yourself if you don't realize that.
Sure ... and I think that most people on the forum have written as much. But one compromises much less than is suggested by your post, IMO. The comparison is a particularly poor one since one can often say the same thing about their road bike and hybrid. Or a well fitting bike and a generic bike among many possible examples.

If you are interested in making the tikit work better for you, it sounds like you might want to tinker with (1) tire make/pressure and (2) fit. My personal experience is that tires and the pressure used can make a big difference in ride quality. I also mention fit since the optimal fit for your road bike might be suboptimal for a non-road bike. Alternatively, I would put it on EBay since it doesn't seem like you are getting enough out of the bike to warrant its price.

Good luck.