Red Rider
Don't mince words

Bikes: '16 BH Quartz, 2017 Calfeecustom carbon tandem, Fuji D6 TT bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Califgirl
Well, my name is Linda and I ride a Trek 7.7FX..I actually just started riding last weekend. I rode 44 miles on the American River Bike trail, Sacto to Folsom and back- now I'm hooked. I'm going to do it again this weekend! I"m 60 yrs young and have 4 grandkids - the oldest is 5 and they are way too fun.
My passion was my horse and riding endurance races, (things change) and now I'm in a condo so I'm switching it up. I also have a kayak and I do love to paddle.
I would love to join a cycle club but at this point I am too slow and not that great on the hills. I am reading alot of your posts and so far I have really learned alot. I can't wait to put some of the tips to use.
Just learned about cadence...I'll try for 80...I have no idea what mine is at this point...I'll probably never share -once I do learn...lol
This is a great site and I'm glad I found it. I'll be checking in now and then..

Happy trails,
Linda
Hey, Linda! Welcome!

I love your willingness to push your limits and your enthusiasm! Those assets will serve you well as you progress.

PM me if you ever want to ride in this area; we have some nice hills to give your training some variety.

Post often and post pictures!