View Single Post
Old 09-27-08, 07:15 AM
jamawani 
Hooked on Touring

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 143 Times in 93 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about you losing your little Mooshes - but glad to hear that you were able to care for her gently in her last months. I think you hit the nail on the head for me - I wouldn't want to be gone if anything happened. I live in a spectacularly beautiful area - right at the base of the Bighorn Mountains with Cloud Peak Wilderness within sight and canyons and rushing streams at my doorstep.

I did have one person live in my house back in 2005 who I trusted with the kitties. When she answered my ad, she added in a pleading voice that she had a dog - a big dog. I paused and told her to come over anyhoo. It turns out that she had rescued Hagrid at a state park in Texas when she had worked as a conservation officer down there. Somebody had abandoned him and he was starving. By 2005 he was a giant galoot - half St. Bernard, half horse. But he was the sweetest doggie - and well-behaved, too.

I live in a small town so there is limited pet-sitting. I will check into what is available; however, I tour low-budget because of limited income - so, it may be a budget breaker for super-long touring. Shorter tours may have to be the choice in the interim. And flexibility.

Thanks, everybody, for your ideas. They are appreciated.