Old 11-29-04, 06:56 PM
TriDevil
Spinmeister

Bikes: Scattante Carbon, Full Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have had mine for a good 6 months or so. My computer reads out in miles. I believe either you chose during the install which units you want or there are metric and english unit computers available. The biggest gripe I have with it is the mounting. My version has a rubber band thing that goes around the handlebar and hooks onto the computer mount which additionally has a sticky glue/tape on the back of it. Maybe it's because of the heat here in AZ but that glue didn't last long I lost my computer a few times. I finally bought some small 3M double sided sticky squares that I put onto the computer mount. I was replacing them fairly frequently. Then again some of the road I was riding on were pretty bad and I'm surprised more bike parts didn't fall off. I love the altitude/feet climbed feature. The setup was pretty easy. Replacing the batteris is easy as well requiring no shipping to the manufacturer and not having a transmitter for weeks like polar. Overall I rank it very high. I have never used a polar so I can't offer a comparison with those. I have heard that the HAC4 is a cycling computer with a heart rate monitor and the polar is a heart rate monitor with a cycling computer. Personally I only use mine on the bike so I didn't feel the need for a watch type setup like polar has. The HAC 4 does come with a wrist strap though if I ever wanted to use it that way. Hope this helps.