Old 09-28-08, 09:28 PM
Cyclist30907654
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sirtigersalot
i've heard of brake systems getting so hot that the fluid overheats and causes the brakes to get stuck on, I know in cars you can get fluid fade by boiling the brake fluid (usually only happens to racers who repededly brake hard from like 100+) but on cars you have that big fluid resevoir so instead of brakes getting stuck on you get lots of gas in the lines that makes the brakes suck big time and then you crash lol, thats why they buy expensive brake fluid. Never thought of warping bike rotors, cause u can just bend em back and resurface with super fine sand paper but w/e, also i don't think bike rotors get hot enough/ are too small to warp from getting a little wet, car rotors do get that hot and ar thick enough that the differences in heat and the rapid cooling causes warping if you hose down hot rotors

oh and on a random note it would be cool if someone made a double brake for downhill like on yamaha motorcycles, they have a rotor on each side of the wheel and of course each rotor has its own caliper. The other day i saw one that had 6 piston calipers on each side and huge f-ing rotors, now thats some stopping power, just imagine running 2 codes on dual 8in rotors, lol i'd go over the handlebars, also i'd bust my fork cause i don't have a dh bike

also don't touch your rotors even when cold cause the oils in your fingers are bad for the brake pads , if you do touch your rotors or get oil/grease on em clean them with rubbing alcohol and paper towels (not cloth shop rags cause the fibers get stuck in the pads, paper just burns out cause its crappier)
Bike brake fluid boils too.

And the double brake thing has been done, and found to be unnecessary.