View Single Post
Old 09-29-08, 11:52 AM
Mahoolihan

Bikes: Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is NOT my first post here, but it's my first post here in a long long time. I feel like a slug. Due to a number of circumstances, not the least of which has been laziness, the bike sat stagnant in my garage, with a beautiful bike trail not 200 yards from my front door that travels north from my house nearly 100 miles, and equally as far to the south into Chicago. Shame on me.

Well, today that changed. Despite back and knee problems, I dragged my 360 lb. frame onto my Giant and took the first ride in several months ... 30 minutes of pure bliss. It was raining and chilly, and I decided to not wear shorts over my bibs to shame myself into reality and finally do something about it (sorry neighbors!). Anyway, I guess I'm just reporting, not bragging by any means, and hoping that someone else might get inspired. I read your posts regularly, and finally did something myself. I know there are lots of people who are in the same boat. I guess I'm not one of those guys who's way ahead of the pack ... I'm a brother in arms. Let's do this together.