Old 09-29-08, 02:51 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,403 Times in 898 Posts
BikeWNC,

I am a volunteer here and do not get paid in any way whatsover. There is no commission, no bonus points or any other advantages. Tom decided to give away 10 free memberships because he is nice.

East Hill did the same thing and gave out stars for a photo contest and the theme was plant life. She paid for each and every one out of her own pocket.

A couple of years ago, another member did the same. But it was an essay contest on what cycling means to you.

During the holidays people were gifting stars to those they felt cannot afford it.

I myself gifted a star recently to someone I thought was very helpful to others.

There is no ulterior motive here.

Just trying to be nice. It's a gift.

If people don't want to participate, that is up to them. I just didn't want the 50+ers to be left out is all.

As for why I'm helping out here, It's because when I first joined, I was a new rider. I've grown and learned so much that not only am I able to ride a road bike now with my bad back but I've finally been able to build a bike from the frame up. I learned all of this from the people here and want to contribute back. I've also made a lot of friends who I have met in person and also continue friendships beyond the keyboard. There is never a price for knowledge and friendships.

I apologize if I am giving out any kind of false ideas or bad vibes here.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

Last edited by Siu Blue Wind; 09-29-08 at 03:32 PM.