View Single Post
Old 09-29-08, 08:28 PM
Freakonwheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
That'll get you nowhere fast. If you're comfortable with 10 miles a day, you can start increasing your mileage. Pick 2 days a week, and increase your distance on those days to 12 miles until you're comfortable with that distance, then increase your distance to 15 miles a day and do that till it's fairly comfortable, then increase to 20 miles a day ... by Christmas you could be up to 50 or 60 miles a day on those 2 days a week.

Keep the remaining 3 days a week fairly low mileage (10-20 miles a day), but make one a really intense day.

If you can't do the distance, you can't do the race. If you want to race in a year's time, it would be a good idea to be comfortable with 100 miles a day.
Good idea. That's perfectly doable. I'll pick two days and try to do 20 on those days. I'm so comfortable with 10 that I think I could do 20 easy. I don't have a proper distance-measuring device but 10 miles takes me about 40-45 mins so if I rode for about double that time on the two days I picked that would be about the 20 miles...

Last edited by Freakonwheels; 09-29-08 at 08:38 PM.