itsajustme
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTALuigi
Dahon is the best at folding
you can't possibly beat the ease and how efficient it is compared to the rest.

also the PLUS side to Dahon fold design, is that you can still use your folded bike as a Stool to sit on it, meanwhile you wait for the train, or whatever.
Can you really sit on your folded Dahon? A strong breeze would knock mine over and I wouldn't want to go barreling onto the train tracks when that happens. I've also heard that some people use their Brompton's as stools, but they give me the same problem.

Dahons do have the easiest fold, but the Tikit is faster once you learn how to do it.

Originally Posted by charles vail
You don't get to work folding a bike, you get there by riding it! Who cares how fast it folds.......leave 30 seconds earlier. I want a bike that rides well and holds up. To me folding fast is not that important. When it comes to a fold, I want it to be easy, relatively fast, trouble free and most importantly, compact. The wear factor on the joints is another point often overlooked for the daily folder.
30 seconds is easy to find in hindsight, but the times you need an extra 30 seconds are exactly those times you couldn't have predicted it. This is less of an issue for commuting to work on a regular schedule, but fast folding bikes are meant to be lifestyle bikes where you never know if or when you might need to fold it.

IMHO, Dahon and Brompton are more commuter folders whereas the Tikit is more of a lifestyle folder.