View Single Post
Old 09-30-08, 08:49 AM
hnsq

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
new cyclist - always funny

I used to be a runner, but about a year and a half ago I switched to cycling due to a foot injury. I am not made of money, so just ride what I can get.

After a month or so, I started to really like cycling. I have an older hybrid (700x32 tires, no drop bars, NOT the fastest bike out there), have a rear rack on it and use it to get groceries, run errands, get to/from work, etc. I am not claiming to be in the best shape or anything, but I find it amazing what people do with bikes. I see people every day with full spandex, a bike that looks like it is worth more than my house, yet they are just not in shape. I never thought of dropping thousands of dollars on a new bike because I figure it is riding that gets you in shape, not what you ride. Anyway, I am sure this isn't anything new for all of you experienced people, but it is just really amusing to see people pull their bikes off of a car to sprint back and forth on a bike path, when I am still faster than them on my POS bike after riding a couple dozen miles between work and errands.

Don't want to offend anyone here, I am not sure what type of people are on this forum, but what drives someone to take out a second mortgage on their house to get all this equipment, but still not be in shape?