Old 11-30-04, 01:47 PM
trespasser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by invincibleone
Ceya-
I couldn't find the answer on the link you gave me, the only talk about any sourcing of materials/production I saw was (the common fact) that Scandium is mined/found in Russia. Does anyone know where they are assembled?

And as to why I do not care for products of the far-east, among many other reason's-
+Quality of life in many of the countries, including much of Japanese industrial areas. I do not wish to promote buying products made in a country where people are treated as a means rather than as an end (ie it's many times like promoting slave labor).
+The lack of that intelectual spark which produces new ideas (thinking out of the box). The east has built it's industry on mimicking and many times plagiarizing the ideas of the western inventor, as an engineer myself this is very important to me.
+And the fact that jobs are being taken from Americans and Europeons, the people who have made the world what it is today.

I do not wish to get into a political discussion here; I just wish to purchase a good track bike that I will be happy with/proud to own and be able to race, reliably, for the next few years.
I really doubt if felt and bianchi is not made in far-east.
by the way, many of good quality track components are made in Japan. I'm sure you are avoiding them as well since they (like shimano or sugino) lack new ideas.