Raven87
I'm just sayin'...

Bikes: Cannondale M500, Cannondale Quick 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AAVERY
Thanks for the all the help. I think the hybrid sounds like the one for me if i can find one. I would be riding on dirt roads, county roads and a some on trails but def. not any cliffs, etc. Can you suggest any bikes. What should I be looking to pay for a used bike?
That is all going to hinge on how old it is, what brand and what 'level' of bike it is. You can find decent steals at garage sales on great starter bikes for probably $50 or so but you get what you pay for (usually).

At dealers, it can run the gamut.

I have looked at numerous bikes myself and ridden many. When I asked the same questions you have, I was told (and it was perfect advice) to just go look, shop, and ride. Decide how much you can/want to spend and go from there.

IF you are buying new, you can expect to spend from $200 to the sky is the limit. Most decent hybrids run in the $350 and up range but there are bargains to be found.

Find the bike that fits in the color you like with the features you like. You will ride a bike you LIKE much more often than one you do not (other great advice from the nice people here on Bike Forums).