randya

Bikes: who cares?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by scrapmetal
Well my incident with the gentleman happened like this yesterday:

I was on a road in rural Virginia, smooth and up the hill and a truck passed me with a good space. Behind him was a red mustang and he passed me with the mirror inches from my handlebar.

I yelled "Hey" to get his attention and he stopped in the middle of the road and explain to me with quite few chosen words that he is not allowed to cross the double line, that he is a fireman and he has to pickup dead people who crossed the double line. Apparently, when you cross the double line, even there was no car in sight, you will get killed by lightning. Whatever, I told him he should give me more space and that I am sure he passes mail truck over the double line too.

Since I was in front of him now, he had to go by me one more time and this time he made sure he is even closer than before - actually to avoid his mirror I had to go to the shoulder and eventually to the ditch. I feel lucky, I didn't go down clipped in my pedals, but I still don't know how I was able to balance it out and get back on the road.

This gentleman while leaving called me donkeyhollow or something in that sense and left.
I'd be calling him something other than 'gentleman'. I don't suppose you were lucky enough to remember his plate #?