View Single Post
Old 12-01-04, 01:55 PM
Gus Riley
HomeBrew Master!

Bikes: Aegis Aro Svelte, Surly LHT, Cannondal R3000 tandem, Santana Triplet.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome to the forums pspurr! In '98 and 99, I was stationed at Kunsan. I put over 3,000 miles on my Raleigh 700 that I brought over with me. Those miles were some of the best I have ever ridden. I also brought my little red Ford Ranger with me. It was fun driving it around the S. Korean penninsula.

The food (for me) was a real treat! My favorite kimchee is cumcumber...nice and hot and spicy!

Sometime in the near future we hope to break into the DOD education system and maybe go back to S. Korea to teach the military kids. I would welcome that chance, and I think my better-half (who is also a teacher) will too.

In addition to 98-99, I was there in 1977 (Taegu) and 1983-84 (Suwon). There was a huge difference in Korea each time I went there. The last time showed their road infrastructure was sorely in need of increase, gridlock was very common in 1998-1999, but in 1977 it was almost non-existent.

The picture is me and the Raleigh somewhere in the S. Korean countryside on a nice sunny day. I'm wearing my 1997 RAGBRAI jersey