View Single Post
Old 10-05-08, 05:20 AM
Turbocruiser13

Bikes: Giant TCR2 w/105 & Ultegra, Nashbar framed bike w/full DA 9sp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^^^^ I'm gonna disagree with the last part of that statement, because I've fallen over TWICE in one day and I'm still not done yet

They were both about as embarassing as can be that's for sure!

So I'm geared up, sitting at the starting line of my first charity event (MS150) I'm in my dad's "Top 100 riders" jersey from last year (it never fit him to begin with so it was a freebie). He handed me the jersey right before the ride and I felt privelidged. He said mark my words, that jersey is hard to get, so get out there and earn it. No problem pops, I'll do my best! So as the riders start to head off from the starting line, I was in the back of the pack (I woulda got mowed over had I been infront) I clip in and pedal maybe 3 times just to get some momentum. There's a "starting gate" that you have to go through and I was heading towards it when my dad says let's just go this way around it (it was closer lol) so just as he says that I'm right infront of the gate with nowhere to go and my dad on my right. As soon as I look to the left I stop and attempt to click out (can't trackstand for s***) and BLAM!!!! I fall down RIGHT ON THE FRIGGIN STARTING LINE.

What a wonderful way to start a 150 mile ride :-/