View Single Post
Old 10-07-08, 02:36 AM
SeattleGuy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
maxarya review

I can't do a full review but can say a few things. I ordered mine direct from the company as there was no dealer in my area. Closest dealer to seattle was victoria BC, too much work to go and pick up, and they dont even stock any samples! The customer service at the company is great. They built me a custom combination of the 1 and 1x (check out www.maxarya.com) and let me choose the features I wanted. Mainly I wanted the internal rear hub shifting on the 1x but liked the colors on the 1, so they built me a 1x in the blue color offered on the 1. The colors on the 1x are metallic and I dont care for that. Also you don't need a front shock on a CLWB so I had them leave that out, and dont need disk brake on front, so you save weight by leaving these options out. Then they assembled it (80% assembled) and mailed it to me. Even though I'm 6'5' I knew it would fit because I had a Bike E and the seat/pedal geometry looked almost identical. I also knew it would climb hills better than the BikeE since it was lighter. However I ws pleasantly surprised that it went up hills easier than I thought. I had them do a gear ratio of 12-90 but now that I have the bike I would be happy also with the regular gearing as I rarely use the lowest 2 gears. The internal hub lets you change gears from a standstill and this feature works very well. They used the coil shock that is on the 1 instead of the gas shock on the 1x and I am ok with this choice, as I had to often fill the air on my BikeE air shock.There is no pogo effect on hills whatsoever and no need to adjust, although you can if you want.