Old 05-24-02, 08:56 AM
fubar5
0^0

Bikes: Redline Monocog,Surly Crosscheck, Lemond Reno

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sometimes I'll drop my buddies going up a big hill, and then I'll go back and get them. They get so ticked!!! When we hit the flats it's payback time and they kill me!!
Yesterday we went out for our Thursday road ride, two laps around the base. The first lap was and easy spin that only went up to 23 MPH. Then on the second lap, AGH!! I was pulling around 26 MPH and I looked down at the shadows of my buddies to see if they were still with me, and I notice they were riding side by side. That sent my warning alarms ringing! I knew something was up! A few seconds later they both sprinted ahead in effort to drop me. They both have better sprinting legs than me so they rocketed past, but I was able to get back in the paceline. I few mintues later my buddy Baker pulled off the front, so it was my turn to pull AGAIN!! I had just settled in and he attack again!! My buddy Duke was quick to follow. This time I didn't get out of the saddle and try to ctach up, I knew their steam had to be low, so I just kicked up my pace a little and caught them soon enough. Then they attack going up the one and only hill on the perimeter road. Well hills are my domain so blew past them going up. Then it was a kinda easy until the last stretch of road to the hospital where we started from.. WHOOOSH!!!! We were in an all out sprint for the finish!! Duke won, I was second, and Baker was last. I love rides like that.