View Single Post
Old 12-02-04, 10:44 AM
bryan6

Bikes: schwinn super le tour

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK, from all the discussion about frames, forks, components, gearing etc., etc. about what is needed to make a quality ride, isn't it more important to concentrate on yourself to be the quality part of your ride? I mean, I now, and always before when I started avid cycling, have heard people talking about who has the best components, newest stuff, lightest gear, and if you don't have that stuff you won't be a good cyclist. Personally I feel that what's more important is your bodily ability to be a good rider or racer. Do you think Lance wouldn't be the **** if he didn't have all that expensive state of the art equipment? I think he would still kick our butts on some old rickety heap. Now, I know that good equipment is an important factor in making cycling more enjoyable but I say instead of worrying so much about spending all the $$$ and be so concerned about the newest and greatest stuff to take some more time and worry about the training or improving strength and fitness. I don't know, what do you all think?

Last edited by bryan6; 12-02-04 at 11:12 AM.