djwid
Raptobike Rider

Bikes: Raptobike Lowracer, Redline Conquest CX, Cruzbike Vendetta

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlazingPedals
Before you seriously consider a Corsa-24, look into the tire selection for that size. Maybe only having a couple of tire choices doesn't matter to you, but maybe it does.
The wheel-set/tire selection issue and rear brake difference are the two big concerns I have regarding the Corsa-24. I want to try the Corsa (650c) as well and if my improved recumbent skills can manage the Corsa now, then that will be my decision. Otherwise I will waffle between the Giro-20 TT and the Corsa-24.

I need some time on the bikes before I can make any call. In the end the Giro-20 TT may be the best compromise for my needs. I would customize the offering as well. I have ridden on the euromesh seat and probably would swap out the pad for a ventalist (sic) pad. I prefer bar end shifters and would swap them in. I want the fenders which is a push in the Giro direction but I can also use Race Blades which I like as they are so easy to take on/off and Race Blades work on a Corsa. The gearing on both the Giro and the Corsa is great, I like the range they have on current models, I do find it odd how sheldon browns gear inch calculator doesn't match the Bacchetta spec sheet results. But I did catch an inverted number here and there on their page so I am trusting Sheldon's calculator on the range. I will be swapping tires, I don't think I used stock tires on any bike I have ever bought.

The giro-20 TT looks nice and light, has reasonable components and should be pretty fast. In the end, it will probably be my ride.
2015 Cruzbike Vendetta
2009 Raptobike Lowracer #0067
My blog
My bike pictures