Old 10-09-08, 03:17 PM
jocul4635
jocul4635

Bikes: schwinn paramount, specialized rockhopper comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I scour craigslist all of the time, and the other day there was an ad for a repair stand. I called on it, and went to see it. I liked it and as i was looking at it the seller asked what kind of bike i rode. I have a specialized mountain bike that i ride, but i told him that i was looking for a road bike because i have been riding my mountain bike about 20 miles every other day. He pointed to this bike and said he was selling it. I truthfully had no idea what it was, but i know that dura ace components are some of shimanos higher end components. Everything about this bike was very clean, and his shop was immaculate. I asked him what size frame it had and hes said it was a 55 to 56cm. We looked at each other and we are the same height, I asked him how much, and when he told me the price, well i knew the components alone were worth the asking price so i bought both the stand and the bike. I took it home and started researching the bike and got a hint of what i had. I then wondered why he sold it to me, and why so cheap. He left some personal items in the tool bag so i called him and told him to see if they were things he wanted, and if so i would mail them to him which i did. I asked him some questions at that time about the bike still not sure what i had, and he confirmed that yes it was a waterford frame that i had purchased for a very nice price. I told him that i really appreciated it, and he told me he has some drop bars for it and asked if i wanted them. i told him yes. I am now more bewildered than ever as to why he sold it, and why so cheap. Truthfully i am very thankful to him for being so kind for both. Money is tight right now and i didn't know how i would get a decent road bike for awhile. It was truly a blessing and an answer to prayer.

sincerely, jocul4635