View Single Post
Old 10-10-08, 01:16 AM
mkeller234
Rustbelt Rider

Bikes: 1990 Trek 1420 - 1978 Raleigh Professional - 1973 Schwinn Collegiate - 1974 Schwinn Suburban

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 372 Times in 177 Posts
Originally Posted by CardiacKid
I am sorry I offended you. I would feel really bad if you were the one that had bought the bike for $100 as opposed to the one that is trying to make a quick buck by trying to flip that bike on some unsuspecting hipster.

I'm sorry if I am missing it, but I don't know how else I am supposed to take this comment. I am also sorry I called you a jerk. I realize that I only have three posts here, and yes, i really want to unload that bike, but I'm not just here to pedal junk. I really have enjoyed working on these bikes and I enjoy learning about them, I read more than I post. It also goes to show that this isn't about money for me, if nothing else, I can fix this for my sister who lives in Columbus. I have to ask what it is worth though, I obviously had no idea what the value was, what if it was worth more? Thats why I ask, because I don't know. I have a Schwinn that I use around town, and it is considered worthless, but it is a great cheap bike and worth keeping out of the landfill. So again. I'm sorry I called you a jerk, but I wouldn't say either of us have been totally civil.