Every day a winding road

Bikes: 2005 Cannondale SR500, 2008 Trek 7.3 FX, Jamis Aurora

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3394 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Pat from CA
Hey Spinnaker

Glad your trip ended well after meeting you in Los Osos (South side of Morro Bay). I tend to agree about the trip south of San Luis Obispo...kind of boring. There is a nice route through Santa Maria and then East through the wine country around Los Olivos (was in some movie about Pinot Noir.... oh yeah...Sideways....If that kind of thing interests you then the side trip would be ride to Santa Maria from Morro Bay...then out through Sisqouc and down Foxen Canyon road to Los Olivos...end trip there.

The alternative is end it in San Luis Obispo and take the Coastal Flyer Bus to either LAX or Santa Barbara....

My ideal Calif Coastal trip would be something like fly to San Francisco...bus up to Fort Bragg or Legget...ride down to SF and then down the Coast as you did to San Luis Obispo...home from there...

lots of great coast, great food and great food...

anyway...was great to have met you and Dom!
Have fun

Pat
Well since you are the one to tip your hand as one of our hosts, I guess it is OK to comment.

Pat is a interesting, gracious and generous person. It was a pleasure spending the evening with him, swapping stories. If you ever have the chance to meet Pat, take it. I will guarantee, you will not regret it.

There was at least one other BF member (that will remain anonymous at this time, but he knows who he is ) that was nice enough to give us a very informative tour of San Francisco and generously lent us a map of the PC Route. It was also a real pleasure meeting this him.

I guess it just goes to show you, there are some pretty cool people that hang out on the BF.

Oh and not to forget the Warmshowers folks, we meet some pretty cool people from that organization too.

Last edited by spinnaker; 10-11-08 at 07:53 PM.