View Single Post
Old 10-13-08, 09:25 PM
Blue Roads

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I run one helmet mounted Planet Bike Blinky 3H, two Planet Bike Superflashes, and a DiNotte 140L-AA-R, all facing to the rear.

l use AA Powerex 2700 rechargables in the DiNotte. The PB Superflashes are the newer black body/clear lens/red LEDs and I use AAA Energizer Lithium batteries in them. I use regular (non-lithium) AAA batteries in the PB Blinky 3H, because it appears to sit properly angled with the slightly heavier non-lithiums.

Hearing the positive feedback about the Mars 4.0, I bought two of them to compare. Sorry, no pics.

On steady, the PB Superflash appears to have a slightly larger orb that is a little brighter than the Mars 4.0. On flash mode, the PB Superflash's multi-LED pattern is far superior and appears brighter. From the side view, the Mars 4.0 is superior with one amber LED pointing to each side.

To be fair, the brighter PB Superflashes may be due to the lithium batteries. I didn't remove the Mars 4.0s from their packaging, as they can be turned on and viewed with the packaging intact, so I didn't try them with the lithiums.

The Mars 4.0 looks like a good light, but I'll be returning both of mine and continue to use my PB Superflashes with lithium batteries.

Incidentally, as most everybody knows, the DiNotte 140L-AA-R far outshines the other lights.

Last edited by Blue Roads; 10-13-08 at 10:08 PM.