Old 10-14-08, 07:57 PM
Tabagas_Ru
`

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BarracksSi
If I were a bike thief, I'd travel to the nice part of town to find a bike to steal -- partly because the bike might be nicer (although that wouldn't matter if it's only going to be sold for scrap), and partly because the residents are more likely to leave them unlocked. Plus, if I live in a bad part of town already, I'd be less likely to steal a friend's bike if I went somewhere else.

Besides, I'm less and less surprised that even the crappy bikes get stolen, if only because of how crappy the bikes are that I see being ridden regularly.
I guess you are right, I am used to living in the poor end of town so when it happens here no one is surprised. The crappy bikes are probably less valued than nicer bikes so there is not as much care taken to protect them. For me I love my crappy bikes and would be torn if my beater was stolen. At least I would not be out that much money.

I did not care in the least about the bike I gave him so it does not bother me. He did ask to borrow one of my guitars so he could take it home and practice. Normally if a friend asked me this I would give them my beater, but my answer as soon as he asked was no, because I know he would not take good care of it.