Old 10-15-08, 08:39 PM
litlfetcher

Bikes: diamondback something or another

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help

Hello, I am new here and also to biking I am 14 years old I live in Hooper, UT. it all started when I decided I would go on a ride on my BMX bike to my uncles house about 5 miles away well after that wasn't as hard I started to go farther and farther and I soon realized a BMX bike was not the best choice so I saved up for a while and bought a diamondback mountain bike some I know mountain bikes are no speed daemon but it works for me and it was great for me for a while but now I want to go faster and do my daily rides as fast as I can and see if I can beat my previous record (I ride about 20 miles in a little over 55 mins). my gym teacher was telling me how he was in somewhat of the same boat so he took a trip to the bike shop and had his mountain bike converted over to the skinny tires etc. and he says he has beat his old record by quite a bit but when I took a trip to the bike shop I noticed two different things that they had the really skinny tires and they had the tires that are the same as my tires that are on it now except they have a smooth surface instead of the traction type surface I am somewhat familiar with the laws of gravity the less friction you have the faster you go thus stating that a skinnier tire would go better but I have heard bad things about them like how if you hit a big enough pot hole it can bend your rim and if you are riding in the rain they don't have the best control etc. what would you guys do? Thanks