cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,391 Times in 2,092 Posts
Originally Posted by mickey85
Thanks. Now that we've got photos, are there any other parts that you'd like to see? And what makes it a Mk. 5? Also, how can you tell it's a pro, as opposed to something else? Also, what does the serial number mean? May, 1979, 376th one built?

Also, it doesn't have any markings on it (raleigh or professional) did this "edition" have those, or was it unmarked, like this one? I'm assuming that they just didn't add it back when they repainted it.
The Mark V has the seat stays that are brazed to the sides of the seat lug - it also is known for the flat-crown fork. The Mark IV and those preceding it had fastback stays (with exception to the early, white Pro's, which had the same treatment as yours), and a sloping-crown fork.

Everything looks as I would expect it to be on a Pro - that's what I base it on. No other Raleigh model looked similar. Serial is beyond me, unfortunately.

All of them had the "Raleigh" downtube logo with the "Professional" top tube script. I dare say they were simply not added during the respray, or they flaked off in the meantime.

-Kurt