Old 10-20-08, 09:03 PM
mechBgon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by uke
The P7 on medium is brighter than the Fenix on high, while lasting several times longer and costing significantly less.
And a cheap Q5 thrower on medium should easily outthrow a P7 on high while lasting several times longer, costing significantly less, and letting the rider see waayyyy down the road That might be a good combo, sharkey00, a P7 with a wide "fog light" beam plus an inexpensive thrower for a "driving light." You can adjust brightness levels to bias the throw/flood mixture to your liking, they both take the same batteries, and they're not likely to both run dead at once Another option is to helmet-mount the thrower, which can be really useful (especially if you have deer overrunning your commuting route like I do).

I know when I'm out on the highway, it's nice to have long-range lighting. Last night I had my DBS on my helmet, I aimed it up the road, and it illuminated a reflective road sign so far away, I decided to measure. It turned out to be 1.3 miles to the sign in question (pic below). And that's with the lower-throw textured reflector, not the smooth long-throw reflector

for road riding, throw is your friend

Last edited by mechBgon; 10-21-08 at 01:47 PM.